9th December Christmas Events
- Saturday 9th December Festive Events
The Complete Heroine with Clare McCaldin and Paul Turner at the Arts Centre, Swindon. 7.30pm
- Between appearing in London with the Choir of Christ’s College, Cambridge, singing Mozart’s Requiem, and Handel’s Messiah in Derby, British mezzo-soprano Clare McCaldin will be teaming up with Paul Turner to present a programme with dramatic entrances and quirky humour. Compelling stories to be told - amongst others, Lady Macbeth, Ophelia, Mignon and the Blessed Virgin.
Composers from the Baroque era, represented by Purcell -to the modern day, represented by composer and pianist Stephen Dickinson. Musical theatre and songs from Carousel and The Sound of Music. Tickets £15: concessions £12.50: students £2.50, children 14 and under free.
Carols By Candlelight
featuring Swindon Community Choir
at Lower Shaw Farm, West Swindon - from 6pm
supporting Christmas Care and the Lower Shaw Farm Christmas Project
Jazz and Christmas Carols
A feast of music carols. Tickets £10
at: St Michael's Church from 7.30pm
Festive fun provided by Swindon Young Musicians this weekend
More than 150 parents and 100 children will be spreading Christmas cheer at this year’s Christmas Junior SYM Concert. Steel pans to violins, clarinet choirs to brass ensembles at The Platform in Faringdon Road
This includes the Rock School (which has seen four year olds playing the drums as well as guitar and vocals from young adults). The Senior Swindon Young Musicians also gathered on Wednesday to put on a concert which featured a guitar ensemble, clarinet choir and wind band.
Swindon Choral Society Christmas Concert
PAPER TICKET ERROR
Paper tickets for Saturday's concert erroneously give the venue as St Mark's Church.
The correct venue is CHRIST CHURCH, Cricklade Street, SN1 3HG, 5pm start.
A fabulous Christmas Artisan Market is in store for you this Saturday 10am to 5pm Wharfe Green, the town centre - Full of artisan treats, Christmas present ideas, aromas of mulled wine and sumptuous street food.
Over 45 stalls are expected for this year’s Christmas Artisan market. The finest independent food producers, designer-makers, Vintage sellers and artists are coming together to give you a festive shopping experience. Think quality produce, original art, designer crafts & sizzling street food, all mixed in with family activities, music and more...
The festive artisan market has four key areas for you to visit:
Feast Street a mouth-watering selection of locally produced dishes.
Designer-Makers all manner of unique designs and vintage treasures.
Food producers : ciders and sauces, breads and pastries, meats and sweet treats.
Kids’ Corner activities and entertainment - while you have a well-deserved break and a coffee.
De Estrella - Street Food
- Taste the difference - street food
- Casa das Bolitas Ltd - Food producer
- GrapeEscape - street food
- Taste the difference street food
- Puppetland Designer Maker
- Cup of Rosie food producer
- Hampshire gluten Free food producer
- Country Cushions Designer-Maker
- S &S Gemz Designer-Maker
- Tutts Clump Cider Artisan food producer
- Soldered Glass - Designer Maker
- The Curious Cat – Designer Maker
- JJ Rugs - Designer Maker
- Chris Noonan - Designer Maker
- Ridiculously Rich by Alana - Food producer
- The Sherbet Piglet - Food producer
- Marcus Hunt Hartland Fudge food producer
- Hornby Craft Sensations Designer Maker
- Happy Go Lucky - Designer Maker
- Vincent bonzos bites
- Pop Shop
There are no user comments yet.