Inequality and Breadline Britain
How inevitable is inequality?
VENUE: The Baptist Church, Gorse Hill, SwindonSN2 1AA
Thursday 30th March 2017
Stewart Lansley Economist, academic & author of The Cost of Inequality and Breadline Britain
Lee Rayfield Bishop of Swindon
with discussion to follow
- The UK is one of the most unequal countries in the developed world
- Average pay is approximately £27k a year, but for top company directors it’s around £5 MILLION a year
- This huge inequality damages you, your family and your community
- It means we suffer worse health and social problems than more equal countries
- There is increasing evidence that it harms our economy too
Swindon Equality Group is agroup of local people who seek to address inequality in our local area. We are not affiliated to any political party. We are affiliated to The Equality Trust: a national, evidence-based, charity that aims to improve the quality of life in the UK by reducing inequality.
Spirit of Swindon has emerged from a gathering of people who want to raise consciousness of the impact of economic inequality and help Swindon offer a lead to other towns and cities in the UK.
Swindon Equality Group website: swindonequality.btck.co.uk
The Equality Trust: http://www.equalitytrust.org.uk/support
There will be no charge to attend this event. Contributions for
refreshments will be welcome.
There are no user comments yet.